About the NGO
The Aequitas Victoria Foundation is a non-profit and non-governmental organization that aims at making access to justice possible for everyone living across the country based on the notion - 'promoting access to justice, to live a life in peace'. To make access to justice possible for everyone, it is important that all are made aware of their rights and are provided with the minimum legal assistance so that they can approach proper institutions adopting the efficient mechanism for addressing their grievances.
Aequitas Victoria Foundation is registered in India, under the Societies Registration Act, 21, 1860. It is also indexed under ISNI (international standard name identifier).
NGO Registration No.: S000060;
ISNI No.: 0000000502629766;
About the Centre:
The “Legal Intern Assessment Centre” is a part of the Aequitas Victoria Foundation. The LIAC acronym is taken from the Hindi word लायक meaning worthy. The centre aims at providing a well-organized and carefully assessed internship program to improve career opportunities, uplift the potentials of law students, and integrate academic knowledge with practical experience. The Centre organizes lectures, quizzes, debates, and tests to assess the legal interns based on some pre-defined criteria. The whole programme aims to provide equal opportunities to students based upon their knowledge and skills.
What does LIAC Internship Programme Offer You?
• The 3-months internship programme shall increase the knowledge and provide students with proper career and practical learning opportunities from the Lawyers, Academicians, and other resource persons;
• During the internship, 8 sessions will be organised in which renowned Advocates from the Supreme Court of India and different High Courts, and other resource persons from around the country will share practical experience with interns on the predefined syllabus created exclusively by the LIAC team.
• Students who attend the sessions, and complete the tasks without failing (provided for absence or non-completion of tasks, reasonable cause for such absence, or non-completion are intimidated through formal application) will be provided with the hard copy of the Internship Certificate after the assessment by the LIAC team.
• The Hard-Copy Internship Certificate provided by the Legal Intern Assessment Centre (LIAC) of the Aequitas Victoria Foundation is unique and reputed as it bears the signatures of reputed advocates listed below who are registered in Supreme Court, and different High Courts across India:
Adv. Rajendra Singh Suryavansi, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
Adv. Dr. Lalan Prasad Thakuria, (Advocate, Guwahati High Court)
Adv. Sarveshwari Prasad (Advocate, Allahabad High Court)
Adv. S.K. Mishra, (Advocate, Patna High Court)
Adv. Chander Parkash Singh, (Advocate, J&K High Court)
Adv. Amey Pandey, (Advocate, Sessions Court, Rajasthan)
Along with advocates the certificates also consists of the signatures of the Hon’ble President, and Hon’ble Secretary of the Aequitas Victoria Foundation which is a registered NGO under the Indian Societies Act, and the registration number will be provided in the certificates against the name of the NGO that shall increase the validity of the certificates.
• The centre aims to create an ecosystem where all the law students get equal career opportunities based upon their abilities, skills, and knowledge without discrimination.
• Interns will learn and work under the constant supervision of the Board of Advisors, Managing Committee, Executive Committee, and LIAC team of the Aequitas Victoria Foundation.
• For the period of 3-months the interns will get access to our services without the cost and can access our journal and blog database.
• The Legal Intern will be assessed at every point of time through the internship period based on the undisclosed predefined criteria of the LIAC Internship Programme.
• The intern will get the first-hand experience from the Editors of our Journals regarding research activities and the work process of different wings of the Aequitas Victoria Foundation.
Eligibility Requirements And Dates:
Any Law student from 5 Years or 3 Years LL.B. Programs can apply.
Any Law student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG) program is eligible.
Must be available to complete an internship lasting 3 months on work-from-home criteria.
(P.S.: Classes or Exams of the students will not be hampered)
3 Steps Registration Procedure:
First: Payment of registration fees of Rs. 250/- only,
By scanning the QR Code given below:
Or, Google Pay: 8210159245 | Sarthak Aryan
Or, Direct Bank Transfer or NEFT:
• Account Holder Name: Sarthak Aryan
• Bank: State Bank of India, Shakurabad, Jehanabad
• Account No.: 20413702388
• IFSC Code: SBIN0018421
Second: Take the picture of the successful payment of Rs. 250/.
Third: Fill the Google form below to register.
• You will receive the confirmation of registration within 72 hrs of filling the form.
Overview of LIAC Internship Cycle and Important Dates:
Registration Opens: September 01, 2021
Last Date of Registration: September 30, 2021
Internship Starts: October 01, 2021
• During the 1st stage or preliminary stage of the internship 8 sessions will be organised in which students will get the opportunity to gain practical knowledge from experienced advocates about their courtrooms experience.
• In the 2nd stage, each student will be given one task like drafting, submission of Reports, Research Articles, or Blogs on Legal topics, and they will be guided accordingly.
• The 3rd and last stage of the internship involves assessment of all interns individually by the LIAC team accordingly to some predefined criteria.
Only 235 seats are available for the students on a First Come, First Served Basis. So, Hurry!