I'm a title. Click here to edit me.
1. All the Contents in the Article including Footnotes, shall be typed in Times New Roman
2. The Heading of the Articles shall be In Font Size 14, Central Aligned, Bold and must be written in Capital Letters.
3. The Abstract must be in Font Size 11, Justified Aligned, Single-line spacing and must be written in Bold and Italics.
4. The Main Body of the Articles must be in Font Size 12, justified aligned, 1.5 line-spacing and must not be in Bold and Italics.
5. The Citations must be provided as Footnotes, with Font size 10, justified aligned with single-line spacing.
6. The Oxford University Citation of Legal Authorities, OSCOLA (4th edition) style of referencing shall be used as a mode of citation. To access the citation format, please click here:
Note: The author(s) are requested to go through all the submission guidelines, formatting guidelines and other policies provided herein in order to avoid rejections of their submissions.
1. Co-Authorship is limited to a maximum of two, but in no way, Authorship shall increase more than 3.
2. All submissions must contain proper citations referring to the sources used in writing the concerned Articles and must adhere to the formatting guidelines strictly, failing which will result into summarily rejecting the Articles.
3. Submissions of Research Papers as well as Legal Essays shall include an Abstract within 100-150 words highlighting the novelty of the idea of the Research as well as the Conclusion derived in brief.
4. The Abstract shall contain 4-5 keywords.
5. The Manuscript submitted must not contain any details regarding the Author(s) for which a separate cover letter shall be submitted along with the manuscripts mentioning the details as regards- the name, designation, institution, email id as well as phone numbers of all the Authors, in case the submissions consists of Co-Authors. (Note- all such information shall be used only for the purpose of the Journal and for nothing else).
6. The Manuscript must be in doc. Or docx. Format in word file. Pdf or any other format will not be accepted.
7. Categories under which shall be mentioned in the Manuscript under the main title, like- Research Paper/Legal Essays, etc.
8. All the submissions must also contain a Declaration, the format of which is provided herein at the last.
9. The name of the manuscript file shall be saved in the name of the category under which the submission is made and shall be followed by the name of the author and in case multiple authors then name of anyone of the authors. For example: “Research Paper- XYZ Singh”
10. If the submissions are made through mail then the subject of the mail shall be “Submissions for AIJACLA)
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSION
1. Research Papers (minimum 2000 words)- Research Papers must focus on a particular problem related to any topics in the field of law and must address the Research Questions along with the Objectives for doing the Research in the Introduction itself. They must also provide a specific Conclusion based on the Research Questions along with the suggestions, if any for addressing the Research Problem.
2. Legal Essays (1,500-2,000 words)- All essays must bring a factual analysis on the topic of law dealt upon, in a comprehensive manner. Unlike Research Papers, it is not essential for essays to have a particular Research Problem or Research Questions as such, but all such essays shall make a proper analysis of the topic chosen.
3. Legislative Analysis (1,000-1,500 words)- This Section will include analysis of any Laws, Bills, Policies, Rules, Regulations, By-laws, etc. having the source of law, or passed by any Authority defined as State under Article 12 of the Constitution of India, along with personal comments from the Author(s) on such Laws, Bills, Policies, Rules, Regulations, By-laws, etc. provided such comments shall be an Academic one and not merely Activists or Political opinions.
4. Case Commentaries (500-1000 words)- This Section will include analysis made on Case Laws passed by any Judicial or Extra-Judicial Bodies from across the world, established by a well-defined source of law along with personal comments of the Author(s), provided that such personal comments shall be an Academic one and not merely Activists or Political Opinions. All Case Commentaries must include- Facts of the Case, the Judgments as well as Conclusion along with other necessary topics. Note- However, no submissions shall be accepted on matters pending before any Court of Law across the Globe.
5. Book/Article Reviews (up to 500 words)- This Section shall deal with Reviews made on popular Law Books or Law Articles published in Reputed Journals.
HELPLINE FOR AUTHORS
These helpline details are only for clarifying doubts relating to the publication and distribution policies of the magazine and shall be active from 10:00 AM -05:00 PM on Sundays.
APPLY FOR VACANCIES
We also provide opportunities to scholars for becoming a member of our Journal editorial team and also for becoming a member of our Peer Review Committee as a guest referee. All such members shall be provided with an experience certificate to be signed by 6 eminent professionals from the field of Legal Academics, Legal Professionals, and Journalism including the Founder President of Aequitas Victoria. The qualification foe each category of required members are provided below-
Qualification for Senior Editors:
Ph. D in Law or in English literature
Minimum 3 research paper publication in peer-reviewed journals
5 years minimum teaching or other professional experience in the field of law
Qualification for Associate Editors:
Graduate from the field of Law or English literature
Must have minimum 1 paper publication
Must have knowledge regarding research ethics and publication guidelines
Qualification for Assistant Editors:
Must be a undergraduate student of law pursuing either 5 years integrated BALLB Course or 3 years LLB Course
Must have minimum 1 research paper publication in a peer reviewed journal
Must have knowledge regarding OSCOLA Style of referencing
Must know how to check plagiarism
Must be able to handle emails
Qualification for Guest Referee/Members of Peer Review Committee:
Must have a Post Graduate Degree in the field of Law
Must have minimum 3 Research paper publication in peer reviewed journals
Must have a academic experience of minimum 3 years (either as a Research Associate or Faculty)
Must have knowledge regarding OSCOLA referencing style.
Qualification for Content Designers:
Must have knowledge regarding Canva software
Must have skills related to designing and editing
Must have knowledge regarding Page Maker
Note: Everyone is required to submit a short Resume of maximum 2 pages is the application form bellow.
Role of Assistant Editors:
The role of Assistant Editors shall be to maintain communication between all levels of PRCs (Peer Review Committees), BOE (Board of Editors) AND THE AUTHORS. Further they shall be responsible for looking into the plagiarism, formatting and citation style at first level and compliance with the feedbacks after submission of the amended articles by the respective authors at the second level of review. They shall further vote for taking necessary decisions relating to the publication policies of the Journal.
Role of Associate Editors:
Associate Editors shall be senior to Assistant Editors in the BOE and shall be responsible for constituting two PRCs, via- PRC-1 and PRC-2, where PRC-1 shall consists of legal experts and shall review the content of the submissions, while PRC-2 shall consists of experts from the field of literature (especially from Department of English, Cotton University) who shall look into the grammatical correctness of the submissions. The Associate Editors shall provide their decisions as regards the publication of the submissions by citing the reasons and necessary feedbacks for each submission in writing.
Role of Senior Editors:
The Senior Editors are the senior most members in the BOE who shall constitute the PRC-3 consisting of Doctorate level experts from the field of law. Their decisions regarding publication of submissions shall be held as final one subject to suggestions from BOA and CT.
Role of PRC-1:
The PRC-1 shall consist of Graduates from the field of law and shall be divided into three levels- Faculty Members, Research Scholars and LLM Students. The first level shall review the content of the research papers and legal essays, the second level of PRC-1 shall review the legislative analysis and the third level of PRC-1 shall review case commentaries and Book/Article Reviews. The PRC-1 shall consist of external experts, however members of BOA and BOE may also get appointed as members of PRC-1
Role of PRC-2:
The PRC-2 shall consists of Graduates from the field of English Literature and they shall review the grammatical correctness of each submissions. The are responsible to make slight corrections wherever needed and to provide their written feedbacks for further improvements.
Role of PRC-3:
The PRC-3 shall consist of Doctorate level experts from the field of law who shall do final review of all the submissions. Their decision regarding rejection of submissions shall be the final one and their decision regarding acceptance of submissions for publications shall be in consideration to the suggestions of Chief Editor, BOA and CT. At least, two-thirds of the total members of PRC-3 shall be external members who are not a part of the BOE, however members of BOA may become members of PRC-3.
Role of Chief Editor:
The Chief Editor is responsible to provide recommendations to the members of BOE on necessary guidelines for the betterment of the Journal. He is also the final reviewer of the draft copy of the Journal after the end of all the Peer-review process.
Role of Board of Advisors:
The members of BOA shall make suggestions and comments on the draft of the Journal; however none of the members are bound by such responsibilities. But they are bound to help the BOE whenever required for the betterment of the Journal. Further, they shall also help in matters relating to appointment, removal or any other such related matters of Chief Editor, Senior and Associate Editors of BOE in consultation with the CT.
Role of Author(s):
The Author(s) are required to adhere to all the guidelines, rules and policies before submission and shall also follow and implement the feedbacks send to them after submission. They are required to submit original and unpublished articles which shall be of academic nature free from aggressive and exciting comments. They shall not violate any legal provisions or moral or ethical standards required for maintaining the integrity of the academic fraternity.
Role of Core Team:
The CT is the ultimate authority for taking all decisions regarding appointment and removal of members of BOE, constitution and suspension of PRCs, publication and distribution of the Journal, etc., provided that due regard shall be given to the decision taken by majority of the members of BOA in the form of advices and suggestions.
1. Initially after receipt of all the submissions a plagiarism check shall take place.
2. Articles having similarity index of less than 10% (in exceptional cases less than 15%), shall be send to the team of Assistant Editors, keeping the personal details of the authors confidential, who shall look into the format and citations of all the submissions and shall provide their feedbacks for further improvement.
3. The Articles then shall be submitted to the Associate Editors who shall constitute the first level of Peer Review Committee (PRC-1) comprising of experts from the field of law who shall review the content of the Articles and place their feedbacks for further improvement. They shall also possess the power to reject submissions for publication provided reasons for such rejection shall be listed in writing.
4. Simultaneously, the Associate Editors shall also send the submissions for review to the Second Peer Review Committee (PRC-2) which shall be constituted with experts from English Literature. PRC-2 shall review the grammatical correctness of the submissions and shall do minor editing, if necessary. They shall also provide their feedbacks for further improvements in the submissions. However, they shall not have the power to reject submissions from getting published.
5. The Assistant Editors will then compile all the feedbacks into a single document and shall send them to the respective authors for necessary amendments. The authors shall send back the amended articles within stipulated time after which the assistant editors shall look into the articles for verifying that whether all the feedbacks have been fully complied or not. If complied then such articles shall be send to the Senior Editors and if not complied then the Assistant Editors shall have the authority to reject submissions from getting published after specifying the reasons in writing.
6. The selected articles shall then be send to the Senior Editors who shall constitute the Third Peer Review Committee (PRC-3) which shall consists of Doctorate experts from the field of law. They shall review the articles and shall mention that whether they shall be published or not. Their decision shall be of utmost importance.
7. All the selected articles shall then be submitted to the Editor-in-Chief who shall pass his comments.
8. After considering the comments of the Editor-in-Chief, the articles shall be submitted to the designing team who shall provide the draft of the Journal.
9. The draft shall be again submitted to all the members of Board of Editors (BOE) and also be submitted to all the members of Board of Advisors (BOA) for final review and suggestions.
10. After considering the final suggestions, the final copy shall be prepared which shall be send to the Core Team (CT) for taking approval for publication.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The permissible limit of Plagiarism is 15% beyond which, submissions shall be summarily rejected.
2. The submissions shall not include any defamatory, insulting, political, or such other like comments.
3. Gender-neutral terminologies shall be used.
4. The submissions in no way shall exceed the permissible word limits.
5. All the references shall be duly cited.
6. All submissions shall be original, unpublished and shall also not be under consideration anywhere else
7. The decision of the Editorial Board regarding the acceptance and rejection of Articles shall be final
8. The copyright of the articles shall be transferred to the publisher after their publication in the Journal
9. If any defamatory, political, communal, discriminatory, or any such other kind of comments are made injuring the moral sentiments, or legal reputation, of any particular race, community, or other categories of groups of people or individuals, or threatening the integrity and security of the Nation, or injuring the reputation of the Government or the State at International or National levels, or amounting to sedition, in any of the articles and such articles gets published in the journal for which if legal action arises, then the respective author(s) of such articles shall be made individually liable and the Publisher shall not be held liable in any case, provided such articles shall be immediately removed from the journal on receiving intimidation of such allegations from appropriate legal authorities in this behalf.
10. The concerned author(s) shall also be held individually liable for violation of copyrights of third parties and the publisher shall be responsible for removing such articles from the journal immediately after receiving the intimidation of such allegations with requisite proof and evidences in support of such allegations.
Date of Inauguration: August 15, 2020
Frequency of Publication: Annual (One Volume per Year)
Plagiarism Software used: Turnitin and Urkund
Mode of Publication: Online at present
Medium of Publication: English
Nature of the Journal: Double-Blind Peer-Reviewed
Level of the Journal: International